[Dailydrool] Stopping oncoming dogs - thanks

Sarah sarah.moore1 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 2 18:14:47 PDT 2010

Thank you for all the suggestions for stopping a charging/aggressive dog.  I
now having a riding crop (bright green) to take with me and my husband, who
is a corrections officer, is checking with the canine patrol guys tomorrow
what they recommend I carry as pepper spray is illegal in New Jersey.  I
suggested I carry bear repellant which is legal pepper spray (on the grounds
that some time in the last couple of years a bear was spotted 20 miles from
here) but he muttered something about losing his job so I guess that's a no.
I'm going to try the Dazer II and see if that helps.  Unfortunately here it
seems to take an act of government to get a nuisance dog removed.

Thanks

Sarah mommy to Penny