[Dailydrool] Spencer is a new dog & his gotcha day

Vikki Kiehl vkiehl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 20:48:41 PDT 2010

I don't get a chance to look at the DD much anymore.  My thoughts are with
those with sick & departed babies... Sara Sue is a drool machine.

Spencer is like a new dog.  He has his wag back.  Although still kinda
grumbly at times, he's doing amazingly well.   And he's happy.  No biting
since january (a record).  Now that we've been treating him for IBD he's
almost the dog I had hoped he would be.  He's playing with Hal multiple
times daily.  He's on a very strict diet (I've NEVER cooked so much turkey
in my life!) and all of his food has to go thru the food processor so
feeding him is quite a production.  BUT he's a happy dog (mostly...<g>) we
still do lots of behavior work & are still in close contact with the
behavior consultant.  And still on prozac... <bowing down to the great
pharmaceutical god> we'll keep the prozac!

So... that crazy depraved eating frenzy thing... like when he ate the
carpet, dirt, dog hair, leaves... was him trying to relieve the IBD pain.
We've had no incidence of that since we began treatment.  The diagnosis
wasn't cheap but definately worth every penny.

As I was writing this, I realized that today is Spencer's 2nd gotcha day.
It was 2 years ago tomorrow that he first bit me. <grin>  We've taken care
of his arthritis, thyroid, teeth, attitude (I'm not calling him Cujo
anymore!) & now his IBD.  Here's to a better life!  Cheers!
vikki
spencer, sara sue, hal e bear
sebastian atb {smooch - you taught me how to take care of Hal}
natasha atb {my 1st senior rescue - you showed me how rewarding it is}