[Dailydrool] More Spidies!!!!

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 5 09:17:46 PDT 2010

I've been doctoring on two Brown Recluse bites on my shoulder for about two
weeks now, they're almost gone, and some kind of bite on Gracie's hip this
week and thought I'd pass along what we always works for us on spider bites.

Wal-Mart sells a "Triple Antibiotic Ointment" and it works great on spider
bites, even Brown Recluse bites.  The bites will heal up and go away if you
put this on them and rub it in at least twice a day.  Important thing is to
catch them early.  If you catch a regular spider bite within 24 hours and
put the ointment on, it'll be gone in a day or two.  The Brown Recluse bites
take longer to heal, you put it on and first the bites stop spreading (this
is a relief), then they look the same (red and inflamed but not spreading)
for a few days, then they take several more days to go away - but it's does
work and it's better than doctor bills.

Something bit Gracie on her hip the first of the week, all the sudden she
had a nasty sore, so I've been putting Corona Ointment on it, and it's
healing up nicely.  I use the Corona Ointment on the pets because it's
formulated to stand up to turbo-licking from cows, so the dogs and cats can
lick all day and it's not going away.  My guess is a spider got Gracie, too,
she does not normally get boo-boos.  Mama does not like spiders.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net

  _____