[Dailydrool] Rescuing Buppies

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 5 16:30:44 PDT 2010

So as I reflect on my life, I realize that Rescue is not just about seniors or neglected or abused middle aged dogs; it is also about about buppies.

My newest rescued buppy was on his way to a kill shelter because he was too big at about 18 weeks of age.  My second rescued buppy was dumped at the FL panhandle with his brothers - economics, we presume.  They were about 3 months old.  My first rescued buppy was left at a vet with her sister to die of Parvo - dumped when her owners declined to pay for treatment.  This all happened in the past 3 years - 3 years - 3 precious little lives saved.

They were only abused throught neglect.  Their worse problems were disease and malnutrition.  Their spirits were not yet broken.  Two came to me through Basset Rescue of Florida and the latest, Bruno, through Helping Paws Humane Society.

My only problems with them all have been puddles in the house and minor vet bills.

My gain?  Unbelievable love shared - reciprocated and expanded every day.  Closeness with my husband who I have never had human children with, only canine.  What a father he has turned out to be!  Good thing we are over 50 or I would have to reproduce with him further!  But how wonderful that we are ONLY 50 so we can save many more baby Bassets.

UNLESS.......everyone would only responsibly breed if they have homes lined up for the puppies or else spay and neuter......then we could adopt/rescue only older dogs!

Yours in Drool, The Colonel and Ginny, Charles, Duffy, Rudy, Hannah Lee Dawg, Sweet Pete and Bruno the Terror!

http://resku.homestead.com/

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , BASSETKU and  RESKU!