[Dailydrool] yellow tint fur question

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Sun Jun 6 12:19:28 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I hope someone has a solution to this.  I have a couple mostly white hounds, Nathan and Suzi.  Nathan came out of the shelter and Suzi from an owner relinquish.   Both have part of their fur,   that has a yellowish tint to it.   Initially I thought it was due to not having baths,  but they get bathed once a month.  I know this is less than some folks, but more than others, anyhow with 17 hounds,  it is what we are able to do.
Anyone have any ideas on what causes this and what I can do to have their fur white?   I am thinking some sort of supplement I am missing for them?

txs for any input.
wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org