[Dailydrool] Fluid Full Cysts

Tom Hickcox cometkazie1 at cox.net
Sun Jun 13 21:07:50 PDT 2010

At 21:22 6/13/2010, John & Judy Weese wrote:

>They really don't bother her, unless one bursts (which does happen on
>occasion).  She has had a tough time coming out of the anesthesia several
>times...I think because she is a large dog the Vet tends to give her too
>much!
>
>Anyway, does anyone else have this problem, and does anyone have any
>suggestions?  I'd prefer the Vet give her a local and remove or drain the
>cysts rather than put her under, but what do I know?
>
>My sister thinks we should not do anything unless they become a problem for
>her.

Myrtle, age 7, has two or three.  Our vet aspirated them a year or so
ago, pronounced them water filled, and suggested doing nothing unless
they became a problem.

She pretty much deflated them taking samples, but they have come
back.  Two are on her butt where she can't reach them.  They don't
seem to bother her.

We are leaving them alone.

Tommy in Baton Rouge