[Dailydrool] Heat & common sense

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Mon Jun 14 10:01:41 PDT 2010

Nancy, Speedy, & Rambo congratulations on your new home. It sounds
absolutely blissful!
Drool to Conrad, we hope that you completely recovery soon. Conrad is such a
handsome hound!  It warms my heart to see physical therapy in dogs now.
That is so cool thanks for sharing.
Leslie and Morely we are sending lots of quality time together drool. And
praying that when the time comes Morley will slip away in peaceful sleep.

This weekend it was hot and humid here in sunny Florida, temps hitting 110
with heat index.  Ruger was not happy because I wouldn't let them stay out
for very long before making them come into the house to cool down. Colt just
goes with the flow, he was in one of his "whatever" moods.

Some people should not be allowed to have pets! I am out running errands, it
is the heat of the day at 1:30-2:30pm, it is pushing 110 degrees with heat
index, here in sunny Florida.  You would not believe the number of pet
owners walking their dogs in the heat of the day, on the concrete sidewalks
or on the road pavement. Plus they didn't have any water with them that I
could see.  When I get out of the car to run into the store I can feel the
heat rising off of the pavement cooking my legs, I can only imagine how this
felt on the dogs poor little paws. Obviously there is a world shortage of
common sense these days.  I wanted to get out and smack these people upside
the head, make them take off their shoes, put on a fur coat and leash and
then walk them without any water, to see how they liked it.

Other heat relief ideas.  My neighbor has a water hose attachment that is a
metal spiraling hose/pipe that will stand in the yard and then rain or mist
down on her dogs. I think that she got it at Lowes.  Her dogs
love to play in it. I think that I will get one for my hounds...Colt likes
for me to spray/shower him with the hose when I am cleaning out the pond
filters.

Michele momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt & Ruger