[Dailydrool] My Basset Tilly

marinr at netzero.net marinr at netzero.net
Mon Jun 14 19:42:08 PDT 2010

The stories about memorable bassets reminded me of my Tilly. I was 9 years old and we had a black and white basset named Tilly. All those years ago we didn't have walls around our properties, all the yards were open. Tilly looked forward everday to the mailman. We were the third house into the neighborhood and every day Tilly would go out to greet the mailman. She would get into the vehicle and ride around the neighborhood and help deliver the mail. When they arrived back to our house, she would get out and come back inside. She loved all the mailmen except for one particular one. He was a substitute and whenever he came around, Tilly would growl and bark. It seems that when this mailman when back to the post office he told everybody about this viscious dog in our neighborhood. When he described Tilly to them, they all laughed at him.
That was a lifetime ago. There have been other dogs throughout my life, but the memory of Tilly is the reason that I adopted Abby 2 1/2 years ago from BHRSC. There is nothing like a basset hound. Abby's birthday is next week. She will be 4 years old and I think the brown truck arrived when I wasn't looking.
Happy Birthday Abby, Momma loves you. Marin
Penny Stock Soaring 3000%
Sign up for Free to find out what the next 3000% Stock Winner Is!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4c16e8d94392b3b03dast06duc