[Dailydrool] Dog Food

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 10:43:14 PDT 2010

Ugh! I can't believe that we're going to have to search for a good kibble
again. We started feeding Innova a couple of years ago after trying a number
of different foods. We really have to be careful with Suzy because she
developed terrible diarrhea with some of the more natural products out
there. I really prefer to feed the Houndettes a higher quality food and
everyone has been getting along great with Innova. Jersey also has anal
gland issues and has had fewer problems with Innova than she had with
anything else that we've tried. I'm looking at Canidae....does anyone use
that? Right now we have to buy the Innova at a specialty pet store and I'd
love to find a high quality food that I could buy at one of the pet super
stores. I also checked out Blue Buffalo ingredients but it's very high in
protein and I'm worried about that much protein being tough on Jersey's
kidneys. Of course, by the time I get done adding yogurt, baby carrots,
green beans and a little sharp cheese to the Houndettes meals, maybe I ought
to just make my own dog food! Anyway, any info that you can share with me
would be very much appreciated! Feel free to email me privately if you would
prefer.

I've been voting each week for the first group that says it's their voting
week. This week I've been voting for the Texas group. Does anyone have a
list going for the rescues that are participating? I was just thinking that
it would be nice to assign a week to each specific rescue so they get the
most votes and have a better chance of winning instead of having our votes
split between a couple of groups. I'd love to see one of our basset rescues
win!

The Houndettes send drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy, & Ginger