[Dailydrool] after the big "yell"

Sfwill at aol.com Sfwill at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 09:31:02 PDT 2010

this happened once to me but i never wrote in about it, for fear you'd
think i was nuts.  i really don't remember what gus did, but i blew my  top.
loudly, harshly.  he sunk right down, wouldn't look at me.   then i went to
the couch and i'd say maybe a half hour later, he jumped  up.  now, usually
on the couch, he is glued to me, absolutely glued.   but that night, he went
down the other end, curled into the basset ball, and  stayed there.  well,
of course, i now feel bad and start coaxing him to  come over to me.  he
would look at me but would not move over to me.   so then i felt really, really
bad and ended up begging him to come over.   he would not move.  eventually,
it was time for bed, so i sang him his  lullaby of You Are My Sunshine,
kissed his head and said goodnight.  i will  never forget what happened next.
he put one of his front paws on my  arm.  that was it.  no kisses, no
snooters, just a paw, as if to say,  "you're forgiven.  don't let it happen
again."  and of course, it  hasn't.
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-i taught her, didn't i?