[Dailydrool] Bassets expensive?

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sun Jun 20 10:02:30 PDT 2010

I think that this survey is a bit slanted because it was done by a pet insurance
company.  Maybe there are a lot of bassets in the UK like the Great Morse
who likes certain snacks, rock swallowers, or other snacks that means a lot
of vet visits?  I am sure they probably included grooming costs (Momma wat
a groomer?) and of course the cost of the insurance.   Of course as our kidz
become seniors they cost a little more.

I know that beyond food I never really stop to think about how much the gang
cost each year.  When I find a good deal on toys then I stock up.  Supplements
are limited here because I know that the gang is on a great food which also
decreases the amount I spend at the vet.  I scrap tartar if I see it forming. I make
the treats which means I don't have to worry about recalls.  If the gang needs
meds then I ask for the RX to be called to Wal-Mart.  I love $4 scripts and my
vet understands that with how big the gang is I need to save somewhere.  In
reality I don't want to think about how much the gang cost.

The only place I don't scrimp is on going to the kidz doc.  Doc is a little more
expensive than some of the others but I believe you get what you pay for.  Doc
is more than worth the $45 visit.

I am sure I could take a really great vacation to an exotic location but I would
still prefer to have the gang with all the rolling furballs, slurpy kisses, upturned bellies, happy wagging tails and all the love they give.

Basset love is Priceless!!
Karen and The Dog House Gang
(Momma we think youz should spend more moolah on me