[Dailydrool] When Mom is mad

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Jun 21 06:45:56 PDT 2010

I relate to Bev's post.

When my heart arrhythmia is acting up, all I want to do is rest (which does
help). This does not set well with bassets, who want their humans up and
doing--taking them out to potty constantly and so on. As soon as I get
settled to relax, one of the hounds has a sudden need to go out and will
begin to pester me to grab the leash and hit the yard.

After a while of this, I have been known to yell, "Leave me alone!" (I get
cranky when the heart is out of whack.)

Do they slink away and do as I command? No. In short order I have three
bassets at my feet, looking at me as if to say, "We know you don't feel so
hot, but we're sure a nice walkie would be just the thing to make you feel
better, Mom."
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets