[Dailydrool] Everything and VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Tue Jun 22 06:21:26 PDT 2010

Sorry Lois that Mr. Cooper passed. and Leslie we are sorry to hear about
Morely our thoughts are with you this morning it is a difficult thing to let
a beloved one go. Kristy we are saddened that Levi lost his fight.

Bassets and vet bills. Our vet says we keep him in business and we are
talking major money here we do not live in a small town. Raytown is a suburb
of  Kansas City and we are the main reason our vet stays in business. He is
so good to us too gives us a 25% discount on everything, meds boarding,
everything!!
I practically live at the vets office I go sometimes three times a day and a
week does not go by we have to go for one reason or another. Yesterday I had
to take Punkin back in because she had a big sore on her back. I thought the
lice are back or maybe ringworm, but no the vet said it is just a hot spot
her fur is clean no buggies. Whew!!! We got some cortisone spray for her.
 Last week twice we had to take Punkin's stool in she kept having loose
stools. She had been so starved before we got her sometimes she would walk
through the house eating dog hair and dirt because she was used to doing
that before we got her. But the vet decided she was just not used to the
rich food I was giving her and to put her on a bland diet for a while. That
worked!!!
 She is starting to act like a sweet puppy instead of an abused , scaredy
cat.
 Last week we had to  take Freckles in for his yearly shots and heartworm
test, this week he is having his teeth cleaned, some of his teeth are
gettinng absorbed by his gums. He is eleven, I do not know why that happens
I guess it is a gum disease. Suzie in for her shots and heartworm test, it
is always something. Bassets are expensive!! Over the years we have had
three dogs have to have both of their front legs operated on, we have had a
broken hips, hernias, cysts, glaucoma, otic lavages, dermatitis, thousands
of teeth cleaned, Parvo, Giardia, ringworm, Cancer, Corneal Edema, Entropian
surgery, Seizures, Pancreatitis, I think we could be in competition with
Pam.
We have had Kennel cough come to us on several occasions because we get a
lot of dogs from the pound and they usually always have kennel cough,
usually if yearly vaccinated the older dogs will not get the Kennel Cough or
just a mild case of it. It is similar to Pnuemonia in people and is
contagious, but if they have been innoculated they usually will not get a
severe case. The others need to be on antibiotics. If  you can keep them
seperated from the sick dogs and have them drink from seperate water bowls.
That is usually how it is spread.

Ruger and Colt do not eat squirrels Yuck!!!

Once we got a leather chair we had it for one night, it was nice a friend
gave it to us it had a heating element in it and a vibrator it was going to
be daddys chair. We got it in the evening dad sat in it for about ten
minutes then we went to bed. Next morning we woke up and all that was left
was a wooden frame. The Bassets ate it I mean literally ate it!!! all we had
left were scraps of batting all over the floor and a wooden frame with a
motor hooked to it.
I do not know what the fascination is with leather but my crew has a
definite liking for the taste.

Vote for Golden Gate Basset Rescue this week hope they win the weekly
Challenge!! Here is the link.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3