[Dailydrool] Warm Weather

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Mon Jun 28 17:09:39 PDT 2010

Becky,
Yes, most of the people in the US have air conditioning - I'd guess about 45 of the 50 states have summer weather hot enough to justify the expense. Here in central Virginia, it got up to 95F yesterday, with 80% humidity, which gives us a "feels like" temp over 100F. Do they do that in the UK - list a "heat index" temp or "feels like" temp? No matter what it feels like, your photo of Morse says it all! Too funny!

Nancy, Frank, and Tina (this morning Frank wouldn't even go for his beloved walk, it was too hot!)

"We are in total sympathy with all of you in US and other countries who are suffering with the heat.? Although still not as hot as many of you, we here in this corner of England (where Sally, Norma and I live) are burning.??Not many people here?have air conditioning, is it a norm for US households?? Our air conditioning is open windows, lots of water to drink and fans on full blast!? We are not really used to heat either.? Every day for the last week has been up to about 28C (82F) but yesterday we were told we would reach 31C (87F).? We put the thermometer out in the garden in the afternoon which is a real suntrap, and it went up to 45C (113F). Nooooo!? Tonight, Morse found a nice cool place to lie down on the way home from our stroll:   http://tiny.cc/8wzrj "