[Dailydrool] today's calender page 6/28

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 17:41:25 PDT 2010

I've been wanting to mention that today's calender page is my sweet precious
Lily...PW. LilyGurl.  She will be 13 on Aug. 17.  I got her from a dairy
farm in Kentucky when she was a very tiny 6 weeks old. My son, 16 at the
time, wanted to name her Lily, from a song about two sweethearts.  We
decided to go along with it.  When my middle daughter and I brought her home
we stopped at the golf course where he was working, to show him the puppy.
He came out into the parking lot and laid on the ground and put his face in
hers...it was a love affair from day one. She stole his dirty golf socks,
and his cheese coneys and his heart. Our oldest daughter drove home an hour
and a half  from her university to see her.  She came in and put the
sleeping puppy on her lap and stayed that way for a half hour and then left
and drove back another hour and a half to the university.  Today that
daughter is the mom slave to a rescued basset hound. Our middle daughter was
the one that persuaded Dad to go along with us getting another dog. She
wanted another basset hound so bad she told her Dad she'd move back home
from her university and go to a local one if we could 'just please get
another basset hound'.  He went along with it and she moved home.  Lily
became her study buddy every night, laying on the bed amongst the tomes
until 2 am while papers were typed and work sheets were reviewed. It would
probably be safe to say that Lily has a B.S. in Biology. When that daughter
 finished school and moved out she rescued two dogs..a basset-coon hound mix
and a coon hound. And two years ago, that same daughter did everything thing
in her power to persuade me and her Dad to adopt another one needing
rescuing...and along came Rudy.

It is amazing, thirteen years of Lily ruling the lives of 5 people and now
we have 5 dogs!  She's quite gray now and has cataracts and arthritis, an
enlarged heart and liver dysfunction. But she keeps on going and wagging her
tail and demanding our attention and our love everyday.  She spends her
senior years snoozing in the shade, keeping an eye on things and ruling all
of us with an iron paw.

Bless you, Lily, for all you've brought us.

xo
Mommy

--
Drool to all in need.