[Dailydrool] Incontinence : )

Sue Spataro sue at pinksunrise.com
Mon Mar 1 08:33:20 PST 2010

Hi,

We have three basset babies- Tootsie who is 2, Vinny who is almost 4, and
our senior Emma who just turned 11.

Emma is doing well as the top dog : ), but she has been incontinent of urine
for the last few months. She has always been crate trained, but within the
last 6 months and with great advice from the basset folks here : ), I moved
her out to the living room at night time so she could move around a bit
(arthritis). This has worked really well.

We take her out many times during the day, and right before we go to bed
around midnight. I've picked up the water bowl after dinner. I took her to
the vet's last week to check her out; she had a small urinary tract
infection. She's finished all of her antibiotics but is still having
accidents.

Any helpful hints? Medications?

I always look forward to the wonderful and beneficial words of this group
: ),

Thanks,

Sue : )

Sue Spataro