[Dailydrool] Nancy's DD Day "March"

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Mon Mar 1 21:18:54 PST 2010

Much to our surprise when we turned the DD calendar last night - there was
our Nancy on the March page!

Nancy is Suz Green's foster girl, who came out of the puppymill bust of 500
 in Texas, we were asked by North Texas to bring her and Sophie on in - Suz
 and Holly Noelle agreed to foster both Sophie and Nancy until they were
stable  and transport could be arranged.  They stayed with Holly and Suz for 3
 months until Linda flew out and drove them here.

Nancy is by far the least acclimated of the two.  Nancy lost an eye to
glaucoma and has transitioned to her "Winker Status" beautifully.  A  puppymill
survivor Nancy loves Daphneyland and spends her time sniffing - just
behind you and out of reach.

Last week Nancy had a new uncle work with her in the steps to acclimate her
 to male humans - she is far more comfortable with females - and her Uncle
Dan H  spent hours walking her, petting her, talking to her and even
climbing into her  napping spot to cuddle on her.

Nancy has come a long way - she still has more work to do, at Nancy's  pace.
She insists on being the last hound put to bed at night, and the first
hound to check out the ranch in the morning.

Nancy has given up her safety net "The Crate" and prefers a human bed,
couch or a nice fluffy dog bed to dream on at night.  Savoring her Aunt
Sherrie S's home made cookies, Nancy is without doubt a joy to have  around.

Happy DD Day Nancy -
We all love you!!

Aunti Dawni and all of us at

_www.daphneyland.com_ (http://www.daphneyland.com/)
661  269-2682

Daily rehabilitation and socialization of up to 100 basset  hounds and some
mixes - public viewing and visitation are Saturdays &  Sundays from 11 - 5.
Come and rub bellies in person! Volunteer opportunities  abound!
BATH DAY AND WEED CLEARANCE: March 20, Disney's GIve a Day, Get a Day  thru
Life4Paws (Canoga Park, CA) - Join in on the  fun!