[Dailydrool] canine pharmaceuticals

Carla Andersen cjawaterprincess at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 3 14:46:00 PST 2010

I may have some helpful suggestions regarding prescription medicines.  I ask for written prescriptions from my vet (Kenwood Vet) and I bring them to my own pharmacy and have them filled under "basset name"-canine and I then pay for them with my (pretax) health care spending account.  They are automatically dispensed generic.  I live in Minnesota, but if I lived in a border state to Mexico, I would cross the border and pay cash for them there.  Just show the prescription.  I prefer going to my own pharmacist because they are open 7 days a week and if I need a refill, I can get it STAT.  I was and am surprised that so many canine prescriptions are also human grade prescriptions.  My former vet had a real cow about not filling them through her and refused to give me a 'script and became rude and then blew me off.  This is how I arrived at my "new" wonderful vet, Dr. Seth Cohen, of Kenwood Vet in Minneapolis, MN.  2 paws up!  :)

Carla Andersen, mother to Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (ATB), Henry John Deere (ATB), and 14 bassets that I sponsor.