[Dailydrool] Malaseb substitutes

Courtney Willard courtney_willard at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:42:38 PST 2010

The hubby works in veterinary sales, so I asked him what the deal was with Malaseb. The parent company Teva (I think?), which also owned DVM pharmaceuticals (the maker of Malaseb) was shut down by the FDA. They were not compliant with the FDA's manufacturing requirements. He did give me a list of Malaseb substitutes though - each one contains an anti-microbial and an anti-fungal similar to Malaseb, which uses chlorhexidine & miconazole.

Dermachlor-K = chlorhexidine & ketoconozole

Ketochlor = chlorhexidine & ketoconozole

Douxo Chlorhex PS = chlorhexidine & climbazole

Hope this is helpful to someone!

Courtney Bishop
Momslave to Gilbert, Maggie, Franny and Tessie