[Dailydrool] Spring Fever?

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 15:40:59 PDT 2010

I swear something is going on here--full moon, spring fever, someone in heat
in the neighborhood, or just some fluke. I know animals mount for breeding,
play, dominance, pack order, etc. We have seen so much mounting this week I
am ready to pull my hair out. Started out with the guinea pigs. Yup, 2
males. I cleaned their cage and they wrecked it big time. One was after the
other for about 3 hours. Just as I was about to separate them it stopped.
Mounting, then run back in the hut, and then back out to make more noises
and mount again. We could hear them downstairs. Then, Cooper, my neutered
good boy, is mounting his brother's head, side, back, etc. The, Harvey gets
in on the action the next day mounting the pillow, his brothers, and
whatever. Today, Mazzie jumped on Maggie's back outside and Maggie went
right flat in the back. I was livid. Maggie is 10 years old and Mazzie is so
lucky that Maggie was able to get back up. Not that I would do bodily harm
to her, but she would have ticked me off so much if she hurt Maggie.  It
took Maggie a minute or two to stand back up, but she wasn't struggling. She
just laid there. A simple holler of "Mazzie" from me got her off Maggie.
Anyone else seeing all this mounting in their house? Maggie hasn't mounted
anyone. I'm not sure if Oliver has or not. I am not aware of anyone ill
here, but we rarely see anything like this.  No one was playing at the time
just walk up and mount.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,