[Dailydrool] Calenday Day!

Barbara Rocheleau brocheleau at snet.net
Thu Mar 18 08:32:38 PDT 2010

I got so excited last night when I realized today was my babies' calendar day!  Layla is our little princess!  We got her as a puppy and she is such a love!  She is now 6 years old.  She was a 16th birthday present for my son who HAD to have a dog!  He is 22 tomorrow and she just loves him!  We enjoyed her so much we adopted Opie when Layla was almost three.  Opie is a Hurricane Katrina rescue and he is something else!  He rules the roust and has so since he walked in the door!  He is definately my velcro dog.  Since he has been with us (3 1/2 yrs) he has broken his front leg, and been treated for heartworm. (YUCK!)  It is ALWAYS an adventure with Opie!!  I talk about them to everyone, but no one appreciates their antics unless you are owned by a basset!  Luckily someone I work with also has two bassets and we talk about them more than our children!!!
I hope everyone in the northeast is enjoying this spell of beautiful weather!!!
Barbara Momperson to Layla and Opie !  I love my calendar pups!