[Dailydrool] new foster does not want to eat dog food

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 27 20:54:44 PDT 2010

First Drool to all in need, especially Abner, not a nice place for surgery that;s for sure.  I was so saddened to hear of Dawn and Rich's loss.  I enjoyed hearing from Cakie.  Just hearing about the bad shot reaction was scarey, that required something stonger than wine,    We brought home our new foster today, Memphis is eight years old and a very nice boy.  At first all was well, Even Buttercup was impressed with the new boy, until after dinner.    Dinner itself was not a problem, except that Memphis did not eat any of it but the yogurt.  Now, I know he was hungry, he obviously knew what was what in the kitchen, was very hopeful I would share my pear, but the kibble, not so much.  I tried a bit of Mightydog we had laying around.  A little bit but no thanks, like a guest trying to be polite.  I picked up the bowls, cleaned them and put the uneaten dog food up high, but not out of smell range.  I let the dogs in,  Roxy tried a bit of unsuccessful counter cruising and Buttercup erupted on her howling frenzy directing her anger at Memphis.  I heard her whine and grabbed her collar and turned her on her side.  Everyone was milling about, there were woofs of protest from the crowd but Buttercup pitched her fit on the floor.  Then all was calm for a while, another fuss of lesser magnitude when son came home , now everything is ok.  The Diva must have her say.  All is quiet for now.  I am concerned about food for Memphis.  His appetite seems fine, while the others were out he scored some salami from DH and was quite pleased about it.    This is the first time one of my bassets would not eat any kibble.  Perhaps it is the lamb and millet formula?  Beau seems less than pleased with it but he does eat most of it.  We now have 5 bassets, gormet tastes are out of the question.  Sue K