[Dailydrool] ernest again

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Mon Mar 29 08:14:40 PDT 2010

I had a seizure dog for around 14 years (a little terrier mix) Dogs who are seizing usually are on their sides foaming at the mouth and moving their legs.  They sometimes lose their bladders and bowels and are not award you are there.   Other types of seizures can be as simple as staring in a fixed way or snapping at imaginary flies.

Shivering and panting can be signs of pain.

Heavy panting , drooling and pacing can be signs of gastro distress.  My Maggie (Basset) use to do this a lot, usually between 2 and 4 in the morning.   Now when she starts I will give her a gas pill or a TUMS and the symptoms usually go away.   I have made notes on what she has eaten the days she does it and it doesn't happen very often anymore.  She is now on a grain free food.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com

http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/