[Dailydrool] Pepto v. Pepcid

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:20:01 PDT 2010

Hi Chris,

That's interesting but makes sense. I have used it along with gas-x in the
past for Cowboy's numerous stomach issues and same with you, sometimes it
worked, sometimes it did not. I never understood when to use it or not use
it. Recently with Cowboys gastritis, when I first noticed him having stomach
problems I administered Pepto and he immediately puked it up and then
vomitted another 9 times over the next hour or so. He was not having
diarrhea, and actually didnt end up pooping for the next 4 days.

When we brought him home last wednesday, my vet told me that if I had some
on hand, we could give him Pepcid AC or Prilosec. She said both would work,
but that the Pepcid AC shuld be given in 10mg doses, every 12 hours; or the
Prilosec in 10mg doses can be adminstered every 24 hours.

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert