[Dailydrool] Sickly Dogs

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 14:35:13 PDT 2010

Merciful Heavens-Bassets are not sickly dogs!  This is just a forum where we discuss every possible joy and grief you may have as a Basset Slave!

I had a Doggy Daycare/Pet Spa for many years with hundreds of clients.  The Cavalier King Charles had heart problems, the Vizlas were psychos, the Chihuauauauauaua's were biters, the purebreds got cancers, the mutts were always healthy.

Get the msg?  These are all generalizations and prejudices!

I have a 15 year old Basset who, altho he came to me heartworm positive, has lived a good long life and promises to be around for a bit yet to come.  He has had 2 butt lump surgeries that were both benign peri-anal adenomas - inotherwords - what I thought was life threatening cancer was just butt lumps!

I lost Winnie at 12 1/2 to lung cancer but she was only sick for a few weeks before we helped her to the bridge.  My 10 year old, 2 year old and 3 year old Bassets are just fine and healthy.

We may talk here about lots of problems - but if we start to list all the joys and healthy good news stories (of which we post quite a few!) the Drool would be 100 items per issue rather than 10 or 12!

Just my 2 cents worth.   Can't wait to hear what MomPerson has to say - I wonder if she is typing right now too?!?!?!?

Drool from Whorelando.  Thanks for letting me rant a bit!

http://resku.homestead.com/

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , BASSETKU and  RESKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me