[Dailydrool] (no subject)

ypppmaureen at aol.com ypppmaureen at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 15:51:16 PDT 2010

Thank you all for your encouragement with my posting how scared I was at reading about all the "illnesses" these Basset's were having thinking it was a "Breed" thing. I think I'm driving my 7 year old crazy too worrying about things I never had to worry about before with my lap dogs in the past like the Basset odor and all the shedding. Like I said before, I had poodles and a Bichon that I bathed regularly and didn't have that odor that Bassets have. So all this is all new to me. I guess I'm too particular and a neat freak and now I have to learn not to let the dog odor freak me out. I bought a dog cologne mist that smells like baby powder, but the doggy odor still seeps through. Then all the shedding that no one informed me of until after we purchased him that again I never had to deal with before. I thought because he had short hair the shedding wouldn't be that bad, but obviously I was wrong. So as you can see, I'm totally overwhelmed!!! Maybe to all you this seems crazy but for me I feel stressed. I do love him though. The potty training is also not going as well as I had expected. He spent three months in a pen and peed and pooped whenever he wanted in the pen and we've had him for three weeks tomorrow and he still has accidents. I keep telling myself that he'll get better as he learns and gets older; i hope!!!

So once again, thank you all for your encouragement. I don't want to feel like I made a mistake.
=