[Dailydrool] Green beans question

Kathie Goblirsch Bookwyrm at comcast.net
Mon May 3 17:58:33 PDT 2010

Brenda Waldrop wrote:

> I'm so confused, why wouldn't there be canned pumpkin available?  I
> know it's probably a spoiled So California thing, but we have canned
> pumpkin in our stores 365 days a year.  Is that weird?  I remember
> when I first moved to TX, when I was a young army-wife, being appalled
> that I couldn't get every produce known to mankind 365 days a year.  I
> was raised in So Cal, and we don't really have seasons.  You should
> have seen the look on the checkout lady's face when I complained that
> there were no summer squash available (it was Feb).  lol  She looked
> at me like I'd grown a second head!
>
> Anyway, I'm happy to mail CA pumpkin out to anyone who can't get it in
> the summer.  Just send me your address.
>
> Brenda- momslave to Copper and Elphaba, spoiled So Cal hounds!

Here in the Midwest (I'm in MN) the MAJOR supplier of canned pumpkin is
Libby.
Last Fall when it was time to harvest Libby's pumpkin patch (located in
IL) -- the weather turned wet, wet, wet.
They couldn't get into the fields in time and the pumpkins rotted.
So....... the stores have run out of the supply of canned pumpkin left
from previous years and they won't be able to get any more until the
harvest this Fall.
Ordinarily, we also have canned pumpkin in the stores all year round --
just not this year.

Kathie G