[Dailydrool] non toxic algaecide for fountain

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Thu May 6 10:09:24 PDT 2010

I was wondering if anyone on the list would know of a non toxic product
that I can add to my outdoor fountain that would kill the algae but not
hurt the dogs.  I try to stop them from drinking the water; their
outside bowl is right beside the fountain plus they pass right by a bowl
on the porch, and they still drink out of the fountain!  The motor clogs
from the algae and shuts down the fountain so we'd like to kill out the
algae because cleaning is very difficult due to the fact the fountain is
made from slate and is very heavy.
I thought I could try white vinegar since it seems to work for
everything else but also decided to ask here as I know many of you are
naturalist.
I appreciate any info.
Thanks,
Cheryl