[Dailydrool] Non-toxix algacide for fountain.

Cathi Cox coxcathi at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 6 11:56:14 PDT 2010

Hi Cheryl:
Horticultural cornmeal (not the same as the cornmeal in the grocery store) is absolutely the best solution to your problem. I use it in my ginormous Texas shaped bird bath.
Put said cornmeal in half a pair of panty hose, tie off and drop in water. My birdbath clears up over night but it wasn't too bad to begin with. Might take a bit longer for your fountain if it has a heavy algae load.
Go hear for some additional info.
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id=18
I have not used a chemical on my property in over 13 years.

Cathi, Sam B. Sad, Buddy (ATB), Angel Marie, Boudreaux and all the wannabes a.k.a. The Waterway Gang