[Dailydrool] raw chicken parts

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sat May 8 05:20:41 PDT 2010

I plunk down all sorts of moolah buying bones that Elvis is supposed to chew on. Except he buries them all- in the house- relocates them a nickzillion times, but rarely chews on them. I do buy marrow bones and give them raw. He will eat out the marrow, sometimes chew off the stuff on the outside and then he is done with it.

A friend told me you can feed raw chicken necks. We had whole chicken for dinner last night- they did not include the neck, but were sloppy about removing it. So I cut off the 3" or so that were still there and gave it to Elvis. He GULPED it down in one swallow.

I then gave him a piece of the wing and he did chew that before swallowing.

What I need to know is, what raw chicken parts can I give him? Are all raw chicken bones safe? I could buy a whole package of wing and drumstick parts for the price of one of these 'buried' treasures I have all over the house. Keeping his recently cleaned teeth clean is the goal here more than entertainment on his part.

I don't want to go raw diet, really don't want to- I like the convenience of kibble- but if I could add raw bones that will help I will.

Thank you, Angelika