[Dailydrool] Window Clings

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sun May 9 14:03:26 PDT 2010

It just so happened that while I was out running a couple of errands.  Going
to 3 Dogs & a Chick for the boys special bed time cookies and some Mother's
Day ice cream I also stopped at Publix grocery for some momma chocolate
cake.  Yes Colt I know I don't need it because I have a big enough
butt...But it's mother's day and I'm your mother so if I want cake then I
will eat cake....How is it that a basset is chastising me about food?
Anyhoo....On my way out of the grocery store who did I bump into but my
local Fire Dept. waiting for some of their guys to finish shopping.  So I
asked about the window clings and rescuing the dogs.  They told me that they
would not ignore the window clings, and actually look for them.  Once they
make sure that the humans are safe then if at all possible they go after the
pets.  I told them that I had 2 bassets and they were my kids...and it was
the same with many of my neighbors.  All of them said that they all had dogs
and would not let one parrish in a fire if at all possible.   One of the
Firemen even told me that he also had a basset named Raul.  Too cool.  I
couldn't imagine that they would ignore animals in a fire. But I also
understand their first priority is to rescue the humans and keep themselves
safe.   So put those window clings up, and it never hurts to vistit your
local Fire Department and just ask what their policy is on rescuing animals.

Drool to all in need and hugs and belly rubs to everyone.
Blessed Be
Michele Overly Protective Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "We had Nutty Monkey ice cream...mmmmmmm Slurp" (Peanut butter &
bananna)
Ruger "I think that I have brain freeze...ooowwww"
NO MORE FIRES STOMP-NO MORE FIRES STOMP