[Dailydrool] At da vets

Beth Howering momarroo at gmail.com
Mon May 10 09:35:05 PDT 2010

*AAAaaarrrrOOOOO!!  Arfur heer, channelin' my late sister Blossom (hu also
hated da vet offis, but liked Doc jus' like me.)
Ennyway, da udder day, Mama loded us awl in da bassetmobeel along wif Antie
Torrie.  We lefted Lady home cuz she habs her own vizit dis week.  Whelp, as
soon as I seed ware we wuz, I planted my butt by da dore an' poynted "out".
I figgered da vetman wud understand dat cuz he habs poynters.  Vito started
zippin' arownd to meet peeples, dogs, cats, ennybuddy dat wud pet him.  Hugo
- well Hugo jus' sat hiz butt nex to da zam table an' waited.  He went furst
cuz he don't care.  Sat on da scale, den lifted to da table, den looked at,
den shot, den down.  I poynted harder, but no buddy opened da dore.  I
reelly wanted owt.  Nex came Vito - on da scale, no change, up on da table -
tail waggin', awl happy an' goofy cuz sumbuddy iz lookin' at him.  Hey!  I
am down heer an' still poynting, peeple!!  Wen Vito wuz dun, Mama turned to
get me.  Come ONN!  Wy duz not sumbuddy open dat dore???  Leeds me to da
scale, lost wate, look gud, blah blah blah - den up on dat table.  Dis meens
trubble.  Hmmm...gotta remember not to shake dis time cuz dey laffed at me
before.  Stuk my hed under mama's arm...MAGIC dey are awl gone!  Ooops,
sumbuddy is feelin' me, lissenin' to my chest, liftin' my eers, den
chukklin..."is dere a dog under dere?"  HA HA not funny!  Nex fing I noe-
OW!  Whut wuz dat?? Da vetman sez "All done! See Arfur, it wuz not so bad!"
Not frum HIZ end of da leesh!  At leest I gots a cookie fer my pane.  Mama
pikked up awl owr leeshes an' taked us owt to da car wif Antie Torrie - who
reelly did not hav to do ennyfing but hold wun leesh - mine - in da skerry
room.  Dont remember wen it felt soooo gud to see my yard and sit in papa's
chair.  Whew!  Dat iz over for dis yeer!
By da way, I want to pwopoze a noo contest!  We hab longest eers.  How abowt
longest basset?  Don't fink ennybuddy cud beet Vito.  He as long as a snake!
(an' bilt like wun too hehe).OWCH!  Ok, ok, Vito I wuz just kiddin'!
Don't ferget to get a copy ov my book befor dey ar awl gone!!  Den yu wud
hav to wate!
Arfur T. Leadbottom - am NOT a chikkin!

*O Great Spirit, grant that I might not criticize my neighbor until I have
walked a mile in his moccasins.

Help feed the animals http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com
http://www.freekibble.com

Visit Arfur at www.arfurtleadbottom.blogspot.com