[Dailydrool] Vet client Question

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 10:44:19 PDT 2010

It happens all the time especially when people bring in dogs they have
found-- or say they have found-- or small wild animals that the Vet
is probably not licensed to re-hab; or pregnant "stray" cats and dogs ("no
no, she's not mine. I just didn't want her to end up at the pound."
It also happens with people who have read all those D#$n James Herriott
books in which he is always doing things for free, or trade.
They wouldn't dream of pulling that on their doctor, or their pediatrician
("Oh no, he's not MY child! I found him on the street and just wanted to be
sure he had his shots for school.")
Veterinarians are held to a totally different standard than people doctors.
People were shocked when the Marcus Welby types died off and their less
altruistic sons and daughters became doctors and actually demanded that you
PAY.
They just haven't gotten around to realizing that the Vets have bills just
like they do.

MomPerson, who is still trying to explain this to a couple of acquaintances
who expected freebies.