[Dailydrool] Vet client question

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Tue May 11 11:05:05 PDT 2010

My vet clinic seems to have to deal with this often.  I have been sitting
there and seen people bring in animals and want to drop them off as a good
deed, but they don't expect to pay for it. I know all of employees, even the
vet techs have told me stories of coming home and finding dogs tied to their
front porch.  In fact, one of our *entourage'*, Murphy, came to us through
the vet.  They had taken him in and neutered him and then started calling
around to people they thought might like him because they felt he was
'special.  Don't get me wrong..they have a working relationship with the
county animal shelter but sometimes they try to find homes for the ones they
can. Murph did turn out to be very special despite the bullet in his butt
(found on xrays) and torn ears and assorted other scars and issues. He is a
basset/coonhound mix and lives with one of my daughters.

The vet clinic recently started what they call an 'Angel Fund' for donations
to help certain people pay for services they might not feel they can
afford.  It also relieves some of the financial strain on the clinic because
they have a hard time saying 'no'!

Some of us, who are regulars, have done fundraisers to help fill that jar
when money gets low in it.  Sadly, it's just a drop in the bucket when you
see all the animals out there, homeless and wandering.

Drool to all in need.
Luv and Kissies too.
Pwincess LilyGurl, Rudy- Protege to the pwincess,  and the rest of the
entourage