[Dailydrool] Advice on E-Collars Please!

Kathy Kontrim oahiggins at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 17:15:33 PDT 2010

Oliver had a tumor removed from his ear today.  In order to ensure “margins” around the spot,
his incision is pretty big.  As a result,
he has to wear an e-collar to protect the incision.  I have not had any experience with e-collars.  He seems to have a hard time walking because
he is so close to the ground and the collar catches on the carpet.  I am not sure if he can eat in it – He is
still loopy and not interested in food or water.  I need advice on how to make him comfortable.  He is supposed to wear it for 2 weeks (we
will see about that).  But I want to take
care of my big smooshy guy.  Momma is a little
shell-shocked right now and would appreciate advice.  You can post to the Drool or email me at oahiggins at hotmail.com.

Oliver and I thank you for any input you have.  I plan to keep him confined while I am at
work, at least until he gets used to it.
We get biopsy results next week, but already know it is a “suspicious”
spot.

Thanks,

Kathy Kontrim and Oliver A. Higgins

(Oliver turns 10 next week – not the kind of birthday he had
in mind)

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/380337