[Dailydrool] Advice on E-Collars Please!

Carol MacLeod macleod at tcnj.edu
Thu May 13 07:41:02 PDT 2010

Kathy,
Sorry to hear about Oliver, Honey had two mass tumors removed not too long ago and I hope all goes well.....Honey did not like the collar we tried had a hard one and then tried a soft one, but neither worked too well and she could not walk either....I took it off when she ate....but since Oliver's stitches are in the ear, you want to make sure they stay dry and clean....some one suggested cutting a hole in the toe end of a sock and wrap a towel around Oliver's color ( you must make it bigger for this) and pull the sock over it....this makes a soft wrap around your dogs neck and it worked pretty good...Since one of us was home - we ended up not using anything and just keeping a close eye on her...she is not a licker....and it all worked out well....they even got all the cancer out and she is fine.    If Oliver's is cancerous I suggest you check into a special diet for him....I use this that I found on line and both of my hounds love it!
here it goes:

DR. JOHANNA BUDWIG FLAX OIL AND COTTAGE CHEESE PROTOCOL: .
Check this woman out on line. She was a 7 time Nobel Prize nominee, she was one of the world's
foremost experts on fats and their importance to the immune system.  She
studied the link between humans drifting away from using so-called "bad
fats" and developing more cancer.  Her therapy was aimed at re-oxygenating cells
and introducing Omega 3 fatty acids back into the blood using a good
fat.  The best she found was Flax Oil -- not the kind that sits on a store
shelf.  The kind that is kept in a refrigerator at a
health food store.
 Cold Pressed, organic Flax Seed Oil. To enhance the delivery system to the
cells, the oil needs a suplhur based food -- Low fat Cottage Cheese (yogurt
doesn't work as well -- you need 3 times the amount to accomplish the same
thing). Her work with cancer patients is something you should read about --
Google her.  Oh yes -
SHAKE the bottle every time before using it.  I
didn't learn that until later.
So Honey gets 3 TBSPs in 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, twice a day. (Don't start your dog on that much)  It may give him the runs. Some dogs love the stuff.   If not run it through a blender ( you should anyway ... I use one of those hand held ones) and spoon feed it to him. Several websites have suggested salmon oil is better for a carnivore like a dog -- so I give them Salmon
Oil caps too ... just to cover our bases.

So far Honey has been cancer free, and she looks great....I also give both garlic cloves that I cut up and let stand for 10 min before I give it to them in their food.     I also give them both  vitamin supplements.  Fresh veggies and Merrick is the brand of kibble they get...

We are thinking of you.....
Carol, Honey and Leroy