[Dailydrool] Advice on E-Collars Please!

Peggy Evleth pevleth at gmail.com
Thu May 13 10:45:18 PDT 2010

My basset Wilbur also recently had a mast cell tumor removed from his ear.
He also had an e-collar for 3 weeks.

Here are the things that I ran into:

1.  Cut the collar down.  That way we didn't have as much problem with it
dragging on things.  We did have to reinforce it with duct tape after we cut
it down though.

2.  Wilbur developed a nasty skin infection from the collar because water,
etc. would get caught under his mouth and on his neck.  We ended up having
to wash the area with anti-bacterial/anti-fungal soap twice a day to deal
with it.

Hope this helps.

Peggy