[Dailydrool] Stepping over hounds

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu May 13 17:43:39 PDT 2010

<<I'm relatively new to short legged big dogs and have one huge question:
how do you convince them to get out of your way when you're walking
somewhere in the house? >>

There is only one solution to this problem: Step over the bassets. They will
not move. They are the household rulers and know it, no matter what other
animals live there.

I have always told my bassets that it's a good thing they are not taller. I
can just about get over them--imagine if they were as tall as labs!
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, who never move