[Dailydrool] Annual Vet visit - FAT bassets

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Thu May 13 18:39:38 PDT 2010

Well, we went to the vet today for all 3 bassets.  I'm not sure I'll take them all at once again, though it certainly was entertaining.  We've been working hard on MacKenzie's weight problem and she was UP 3 pounds (in 3 weeks) to 70.8 lbs.  Then we weighed Miss Poppy and she wasn't far behind - the older gal still has a waist line when viewed from above, but her belly is definitely dragging below.  Gallagher was up as welln (65 lbs.) , but he's a taller and longer and not too far over weight.  I've cut back their food, but the dadperson only thinks he has.  ARGHHH
We're delighted that Poppy's bloodwork came back heart worm free.  She had a little cyst go just before getting the the vet and it was deeper than the vet initially thought.  I feel bad, because I didn't realize it was even there.  Ewwww.  Hopefully, neosporin twice a day will do it.  Anyway, back to the weight problem...  We feed the dogs Taste of the Wild Bison (Dry).  They get fed twice a day.  In the morning they have a little fat free yogurt with the food.  In the evening they share a can of Taste of the Wild mixed with the dry.  HOW MUCH SHOULD THEY GET AT EACH FEEDING?????  My words fall on deaf ears but if I tell him that the Drool said........  Help.