[Dailydrool] Baxter meets the census taker

Kate bassetlover99 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 14:03:33 PDT 2010

The boys alerted me the other night that there was someone coming in the
gate. By the time the man made it to the doorbell, Baxter was jumping on the
screen to greet him. The man said he was a census worker and he had some
questions for me.

Knowing my dogs and sensing that the man was not too terrified (he did enter
the yard even after hearing the bellowing basset barks), I asked if he
minded if I let the boys out. "They don't bite, but the big one (Baxter)
might jump on you," I told him.

I opened the door, and, sure enough, Baxter stood on his hind legs, placed
his front paws on the man's stomach, and stretched his nose out and sniffed
the man all over.

By the time the man had been duly snuffled from head to toe, he realized he
had the wrong address. Hope he can get that slobber out of his pants.

--
Peace and drool,
Kate

http://baxterandboomer.shutterfly.com/