[Dailydrool] Drool for Elder Clara Please---

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Mon May 24 17:10:02 PDT 2010

Momma here. I know there are sure a bunch of houndies needing the drool out there right now, but if there is a drip extra, Elder Clara can use it. At her young age of 15 it does not take much to put me in full alert mode and tonight she has done just that--but before tonight I have just been in watch mode. While I was Waddling, Dad had taken vacation time so that the gang had someone at home all day with them. We both knew Clara was not going to be pleased, and hubby mentioned that she was having trouble with a rear leg, but when I got home she was really stumbling on the right rear, I discussed this with Doc, and she got better, but not one hundred percent. Doc put her on Tramadol and said lets give this a few days now that you are home and see what we have got--Doc understands that to bring Clara in is the most tramatic thing for her, and he always works with me on this. Clara has a heart condition and works herself into a full blue tounged panic at leaving the house--honest-she just goes to bits and I really have to weigh the issues with her. Well, I decided that she needed to go so I made a appt for tomorrow, but tonight-----she was panting, coughing, acting like she was having trouble catching a breath,--- sounded like a rattle in her chest as she was coughing--Doc had always told me if I seen this to get Lasix in her right then, so I did. She has seemed to calm down but is restless. I have checked her belly, we seem okay there, leg issue still about where we were a few days ago,--but she will haul butt to the food bowl--has not missed a meal, and even gave Brudder Elwood a good blast. It is not hot here, so thats ruled out---she is not scheduled to see her cardiologist until next month.
Any drool and advice would be appreciated, I might be worried about nothing, but at her age,---I am going back to sit by the perch, that seems to keep her calm. I may not be explaining all the details, but maybe some of our droolers have been down this road. Her face tells me it is NOT time, and maybe her heart meds just need to be changed again.
So for tonight if there is a drop of drool left, I am sure it will help, and tomorrow to see Doc-and the ER vet is 10 minutes--I can make it in 5--
Thanks in advance---

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake