[Dailydrool] Spare nipple

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Wed May 26 07:40:11 PDT 2010

A couple of mornings ago I was stroking Rolph and found a little growth on his side. It looks for all the world, like a dog's nipple. Clearly it isn't, but I am trying to stop myself going into panic mode.

He isn't bothered by it, not even when I was poking it around looking at it. It doesn't look like the sebaceous cysts Clara has.

Last year he had a lumpy thing on his nose. The vet wanted to remove it, but it just disappeared after a couple of months.

How long should I 'keep an eye' on this new lump  before taking him to the vet?

I really don't want to put him through an uneccessary procedure, especially as it's so small, but I can't face ignoring it, only to find it might have been treatable now (OK, I'm trying not to use the C word, but you all know what I mean).

Any advice?

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK