[Dailydrool] This and That

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 20:01:50 PDT 2010

We are so glad to hear that Elder Clara is back in fine form.  She is needed to keep giving out her wisdom and to rule with her iron paw.

We are sorry that Maggie the beagle made her journey to the bridge.  We hope she is young and happy visiting with lots of beagles, bagels and bassets.

Best wishes to the hounds and family moving in Africa.  We hope all goes smoothly and that the hounds enjoy their spa retreat.

We hope all the houndies with lumps and bumps will have them shrink or just not bother them.  We have had our share along the way and eventually did not have most removed because they just kept coming.

Maggie is feeling ok today.  She did not eat yesterday except to take her pills.  About an hour after taking them this morning she yakked up a big bunch of bile.  It does wonders for beige carpet.  She would not touch her breakfast so I brougt out the chicken for dinner.  That she ate.  They are all off their feed except for Marley.  She would eat any time, any place.  The cats eat well too.  Unless Marley knocks their bowls off and gets that too.  It rained buckets here tonight.  It does not induce the houndage to go out to do their business.

We are sending drool and snooters to any who need them.  NInja is ready for bed.  If I even look at the stairs, she will be half way up them.  Picasso will too.  He has to have his nightly rub down next to me on the bed.  I think he is a bassetcat.

On the subject of ears, all eight of our bassets have loved ear rubs from anyone.  Paws not so much, but ears were made to be scritched.  Sassy, our first basset, was so tolerant that when I babysat for a neighbor's 18 month old, she let him look in her ears, put his fingers up her nose, pick up her eyelids to look inside, and in general maul her without a single gripe.  Sassy was the most patient girl I have ever known.  She would let the boys try to ride her too.  She was a bossy little boots too.  Sure do miss her.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby, the wild kitty boys, and the ATB crew: Sassy, Daisy, Sherlock and Sunny