[Dailydrool] Hook & loop (Velcro) closure for bellybands

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Nov 2 10:03:49 PDT 2010

I have been making bellybands for Belvedere and now need to make a few for
Abner too. I have been using four-inch Velcro-type strips to close the band,
thanks to a Drooler who kindly gave me some. At this point I really need to
buy some of my own but have only found sources that want to sell me two huge
rolls of it, one of each side of the Velcro. Alternatively, in a
sewing-supply store I can buy rather small amounts.

Is there a happy medium? Does anyone have a source that will not require me
to buy a huge roll, yet will give me more than a foot or so of Velcro?

If this isn't possible, does anyone else make bellybands and have an
alternate way of closing them?
Pam, bellyband expert for the Dashing Bassets