[Dailydrool] Maggie's burfday

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 18:25:20 PDT 2010

Even though it is late in the day on November 6th, I just wanted to publicly
wish my eldest basset Maggie a Happy 11th Birthday. We have been her only
family. She has been raised with our children. We almost lost her 2-3 times.
Once for eating a rock, once for eating an acorn and once for pancreatitis
type issue in which she was put in the vet hospital.  Today started out by
my children and I helping to do one leg out of four on a basset transport
for 2 bassets for ABC Basset Hound Rescue. Molly and Max. Such lovely
bassets. Then, we hit up Petsmart and bought Maggie an orthapedic bed for
20% off so we were able to get it for $40. We also picked out bones in a
fancy package that had pink and purple icing on them. I have never seen
Maggie dive at food like she did those bones in the almost 11 years she has
lived with us! She even climbed on the kitchen table to get more. She never
does that. She loves, loves, loves her orthapedic bed. I am so glad that she
has a bed that is really thick and comfortable for her at her "advanced"
age.  Maggie doesn't bark at squirrels as much as she used to, nor hear the
mail man deliver mail, isn't as red and white as she once was, but she sure
loves her belly rubs, rules the doxie boys with a swift bark and chase and
is more stubborn and determined now than she ever was. She continues to
amaze us that as she got older she picked up a new habit of getting into the
trash. Happy Birthday from your family Maggie. We love you ol'e iron gut.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,