[Dailydrool] Red Bay On the Road Again - Dateline October 30th

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Nov 8 13:08:12 PST 2010

Norm reporting in!

We got here in Delaware OH yesterday and the three peeps went scurrying
around setting up our portables fences to keep us safe and provide us with a
panoramic view of the comings and goings at the dog show.  After an
afternoon of sunning ourselves (a bit cool but perfect basset weather), we
had our dinner and Stachie and Lena went up to the square ring and competed
in a puppy match.   A puppy match is like a mini-dog show for puppies.
Anyway, they did good and Lena even got to compete in the Puppy Hound Group.

Today, we kind of slept in (at least for a dog show) and didn't get up until
8 AM.  After breakfast, we had a visitor --- Auntie Susan came for a visit.
She came last year too but it was yucky weather then.  She and Mom and
Granny Pat yacked a while, then we all were ready for a nap while Stachie
and Lena went to play dog show.    Auntie Susan went into Large Marge and
helped Mom get us in our crates and give us cookies.   Stachie and Lena got
spiffed up and went off to the ring.  When they came back, they had RIBBONS!
STACHIE WON TODAY!  He got Winners Dog and Best of Winner for TWO POINTS.
YIPEEE!!!

Then there was an UNOFFICIAL MEETING OF THE UNOFFICIAL REDNECK BASSET HOUND
CLUB OF CENTRAL OHIO back at our set up.   All of the basset people came
back to eat Mom's potato soup and sit around and talk.  We got lots of pets
and liked seeing all of the peeps talking and laughing.

Tomorrow Stachie and Lena and I get to play dog show VERY EARLY in the
morning - we are the first dogs in the square ring at 8:30.  That means we
have to get up at 6 dark o'clock.

More reports coming!

Norm