[Dailydrool] Red Bay On the Road Again - Dateline November 1st

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Nov 8 13:09:30 PST 2010

Mom has had a bad day today.

First thing this morning, we went to the square ring.  Stachie was pretty
good and got a ribbon for being Winner's Dog but didn't get any points.  He
did sneak in a kiss for the judge though . Mom was not amused.   Then, Ouija
got a Reserve . kind of like being a Bridesmaid, not the Bride.   Then, Mom
took me into the ring . I decided I didn't want to play dog show today and I
was "difficult" . mom said I was a butt-head.  She even picked me clear up
off the ramp . all four feet were airborne . the judge laughed at me . again
Mom was not amused.

Then, when Mom and Dad were getting us all in Large Marge to leave --- LENA
ESCAPED!  Dad had to chase her down and carry her back to the truck.  Then
we went to the Dump Station to empty the yucky stuff out the trailer holding
tank.  Mom was putting the sewer hose in the hole and dad opened the valve
and Mom got "poopy water" all over her.  Again, she was not amused.

When we finally got on the road, Dad was driving and Mom was navigating.
Mom missed a turn-off and we ended up taking a scenic route.  Dad was
grumpy.   When we stopped for fuel, Dad couldn't make the pump work so Mom
had to do it . and she had to pee . bad!   Again, she was not amused.

Then we stopped at a rest area . Dad HAS to have his lunch on time (or so he
thinks!).  So Dad and Granny Pat went in the trailer and Mom walked all 10
of us by herself . and had to clean up all of our poop too!  AND CHRISSIE
FOUND A DEAD RAT AND MOM HAD TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM HER!!!!   Now Mom was
really ticked!  She went to the trailer to get a heavy duty trash bag to put
the rat in and she actually YELLED at Dad and Granny Pat . something like "
I walk dogs, I clean up poop, I cook your meals, I do the dishes BUT I DO
NOT CLEAN UP DECOMPOSED RATS!"  They both kind of looked at her like she was
crazy . and then Dad said "Do you want some lunch?"  She grabbed the bag and
slammed the door so hard the trailer rocked back and forth.

When we got back on the road, Mom decided since Dad didn't like her
navigating, that she would drive.  Dad said no . he wanted to drive . she
said "too bad . you can ride or walk, take your pick".  He rode.

When we got to the Walmart in Ripley WV, Dad made the bad mistake of
criticizing her parking of the trailer . she almost ran him over!   So then,
she started taking us out for walks again . AND HOAGIE ESCAPED!  Dad caught
him and Mom made him airborne for a few seconds!

Things have calmed down now . Mom fixed dinner at 7 PM tonight for the peeps
. I think she is hitting the Margrets now.  I am going to bed . where it is
safe!

Laying low .

Norm