[Dailydrool] Update on Copper

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 08:47:30 PST 2010

It's been a harrowing 24 hours, but Copper is finally home from the
Vetspital and resting well.  The cancer has progressed but it is not
blocking the intestines.  He still has diarrhea but it's no longer bloody at
least.  I've been able to tempt him to eat with fresh cooked chicken, and
the vet lady put him on new pain meds and some antibiotics.  His white blood
cell count was high, but the vet thinks that's his body fighting the
cancer.  The good news is the kidney function was fine, as was the rest of
the bloodwork. He's a bit lethargic, but this morning he got up first thing
and demanded his chicken, so he must be feeling better.

Thank you so much to EVERYONE who sent tons of drool!  I received so many
wonderful messages of drool and support and it really means a lot.

Bev- hope your Internet is fixed soon and I'm glad to hear Cooper is doing
better.  When I was in the waiting room at the vetspital a man came out with
a large German shepherd missing a front leg.  It had obviously been gone for
a while, but I'm telling you I had to look twice to make sure I was seeing
it right because he moved like there was nothing at all missing!  Hopefully
soon Mr. Cooper will too.

Drool to all in need!

Brenda- momslave to Copper (I get home cooking every meal now!) and Elphaba
(I want chicken!)

--
Brenda Waldrop
Media Editor, Books