[Dailydrool] Angel & puppies

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 07:04:05 PST 2010

I'm so happy for our little foster girl, Angel. She has a new home to go
to!! Angel is on medication for the kennel cough that she came home to us
with and for some sort of tick born disease that makes her spleen enlarged
(I can't say the name of it much less spell it!) so, when she's done with
the medication in two more weeks, she will be moving on. She is really
starting to show her wonderful personality and is going to be a terrific
addition to her new family. Angel is a really sweet houndette but she does
have a little bit of devil in her so I know she's a normal basset! My shoes
have wandered off and I've found them in places that I didn't leave them in
and we've lost a phone charger and a lamp to this little girls teeth. The
lamp was something that I've wanted to replace for a long time and the phone
charger can also be replaced but it's good to know that the puppy is coming
out in her. It's really appalling that she has been bred as much as she
obviously has been when she's as young as she is (she's no older than
three). I'm just glad that BaRCSE was able to take her in and make sure
she'll never have to worry about any of that nonsense ever again. Our vet
rechecked her last week and her spleen has gotten much smaller and she's
gained a pound (she's up to 30 pounds!) so she is definitely on her way to
good health.

All of you need to go to barcse.org and take a look at the puppies. Oh my
gosh, they are so cute! They're about five weeks old now and their little
ears have gotten so long! It's been a long time since our house has had a
puppy but these little butterballs are really tempting! Their mom is going
to be adopted to the family who initially fostered her and fell in love with
her and three of the pups have been spoken for but BaRCSE has four more
puppies who need good homes so, if you know of someone who would love a
basset hound, have them take a look. These little guys are adorable!

The DD has had too many losses lately and I'm very glad that I have happy
news to share. The Houndettes are slinging heart healing drool and get well
drool to all who need it.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
and our little foster, Angel