[Dailydrool] Club or org question

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Tue Nov 23 20:23:44 PST 2010

This is directed at people in rescue or clubs familiar with rules,
protocol, etc. Our little group has had a spat and now need to nominate
and elect new officers. Although we've been a registered Humane Society
charity org for nearly 40 years, it has been run for the last 5 years by
a pitiful few of 6 or so who, year after year, simply rolled over the
same officers without bothering with nominations or elections. I have
been in this illustrious group just for that 5 year period, and have no
clue how things are/should be done. We've recently added a few
newcomers, so membership has bloomed to maybe a dozen. Please don't
refer me to some website outlining Roberts' Rules of Order or whatever,
just answer following if you can:
Who makes up a list of nominees? (Our president resigned in a huff.)
To clarify my position, I am treasurer and probably will continue to be
(tho I wouldn't care if not) as that is the only position that actually
has to DO anything (lots of paperwork). The secretary doesn't take notes
(minutes) and in fact doesn't attend meetings -- I'm hoping to get
someone in who will -- so probably it will be me who draws up a list of
nominees and also who, at a following meeting, furnishes ballots and a
hat to drop them into.
But, in case this hasn't already been made obvious, I don't know what
I'm doing -- I'm just guessing. And not likely anyone in our group is
going to care, but I do, mostly because they all seem to think I know
everything. But I don't.
We do rescue Bassets every now and then, so this post IS Basset related.
Sort of.
Riche Churchill